~*Mushroom Lover*~

I love Mushroom soup. I like my skabetti with Mushroom. I love shitake Mushroom and Mushroom ship. I prefer my well-done Steak with Mushroom sauce. I like Mario Cart's Mushroom Cup. Therefore, I'm a Mushroom Lover!!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Brunei Merdeka Darussalam

Kepada semua penduduk Negara Brunei Darussalam (inda kira yang IC kuning or IC ferfel or IC ijau or IC ping or IC biru. Asal urang Brunei!! Huhu).. Selamat Menyambut Hari Kemerdekaan. Or Happy National Day (lurus?) or Merry National Day (lurus?). It's been 23 years of freedom!! Alhamdulillah. Syukur.

The slogan for this year is (you ready for this?) Iltizam Memperkasa Keupayaan Bangsa. Ok, apa tah ertinya? Sentiasa meriah bah. Tapi banyak urang inda paham. That's the sad thing. Cuba tah something like "Negara Maju, Penduduk Kaya" kah or "Bahasa Melayu Bahasa Kita" kah.. Huhu ;p Something yang dapat di fahami bah. Inchek Haji Ahmad said that the slogan simply means Belilah Barang Buatan Brunei.. Hahaha. Quadro-B!!

So, being the person yang berjiwa patriotik, (eseh!!) I researched for the meaning of each word. The only word that I'm familiar with is Bangsa. Ertinya Race kan. So, my race is Melayu. Apakan ;p Anyway.. let's get down to this.

Iltizam = berpegang teguh kepada agama (holding on to one's religion)

Memperkasa = perkasa is memperkuat or kukuh or STRONG (this is what my mum just told me)

Keupayaan = effort (from my brain's dictionary)

Bangsa = as I said.. Race

So this is what I think.. if we hold on to our faith or religion as in holding on tightly, we will be a good bangsa. But it takes effort to hold on to our faith. Lurus?? Hehe. At least, now I get a bit of an idea of this year's National Day's slogan.

On a complete other note: Who wants to get stressed out? Liat saja bidiu klip I belong to me by Jessica Simpson. I can gurantee you that you'll get stressed out while watching it. It was my first time and I could feel that my eyebrows were frowning. Hmph. Kalau ada wrinkle nanti, I'll blame it on Jessica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home