~*Mushroom Lover*~

I love Mushroom soup. I like my skabetti with Mushroom. I love shitake Mushroom and Mushroom ship. I prefer my well-done Steak with Mushroom sauce. I like Mario Cart's Mushroom Cup. Therefore, I'm a Mushroom Lover!!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Fonzie?

No no no.. I'm not talking about the Fonzie that was mentioned in one of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S episodes. The one where Phoebe delivered 3 babies. I think that was season 5. Yeah, that was it.. and Nope, I'm not talking about that Fonzie. You'll know as you read through. Oh, I checked.. the name of the episode is 'The one hundredth'. Hehe ;)

Caution: This blog will be different from the others and I really hope you'll enjoy reading it ;)

Past couple of weeks ago, I exposed myself to a different world. Not entirely different though. Something new. Something interesting. Something worth knowing. It all started with my trip down to the Gold Coast and explored through Surfers Paradise's shops. I went to Level 3 and saw this huge collection of Nike SB. Something intrigued me about the shoes as I picked up a Nike SB (for females). What fascinated me was the Nike logo was made from ostrich's skin. Really nice. And the one that fascinated me the most was the logo. A small logo that took me a while to figure out that it's actually bunnies lining up in a circle. So it looks like a flower. If you happen to be in Brisbane, you can check this shoe out at Apartment at Elizabeth Arcade. Yeahh mann.. the shop open sudah! And the shoe also come in the Male-version. Ada rabbits jua.

Anyway, one of the staffs there in Level 3, Dan, was telling me and my friend about this Nike SB Dunk Low (Limited edition) also known as SABOTAGE. Since it is an asian exclusive, only selected Nike SB account holders got them such as Singapore, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and maybe Indonesia. Apparently 32 pairs came to the store (Level 3) and before they got them into the shelves.. all 32 pairs were gone! And there was this one person who bought them that was worth AUD2000. I reckon he bought them in different sizes or could be the same sizes and sell them on ebay. Ever since then, some stores that sell Nike SBs have a policy that customers can only buy 2 pairs of them. Takutnya rugi I guess. And some got shifted to different countires by request like the UK since they didn't get it there. Whereas in GP (General Pants) back in Brisbane, got 20 pairs but all got sold out in 3 hours. It's weird what sneakers can do to you. That's why it got me thinking and this is part of the reason why I'm putting it on my blog ;)

As I was saying, people went crazy about this sneakers. The picture below shows the line up in Singapore on the day the Sabotage was released where they had to line up at the hot-humid car park for 5 hours and bare in mind, there were only 50 pairs or so available but hey, look at the line up. Ramai ahh. Berabut jua tu. These people were just trying their luck. For the love of sneakers bahhh.



So this friend of mine was thinking of getting one. Too bad it was either the stores got them sold out or there was some issues on the size. Hmph. So one of the staffs at GP told him to give a store at Bulimba a call. Apparently, the store got a size for him.. only it was half size bigger anddd.. it was the last pair in Brisbane! So we went all the way to Bulimba and trust me.. I really really love that place. I imagined myself staying in one of those apartments there (and that if I settled down here and work). Hmphh.. angan-angan basar ;p Anyway, when we got to the store, he tried it on and he fell in love with it. Though it was half size bigger. BUT there was a mixed up where the staff had to make phone calls because apparently 'someone' got it on hold. (The staff looked so stressed with the Sabotage 'cause she told us that there had been a lot of dramas going on with the SBTG. You think?! Liat saja gambar ahh.) So, I almost gave up when she said that.. but it happened to be that, that 'someone' was my friend!!! The staff from GP called the Bulimba store up for him. How cool is that?! So he put it on lay-by. Smart move, huh?! I was really really happy that he got it! *all smiles*

Two weeks after or so, we went to Bulimba again to pick up the Sabotage. I was excited. He was excited! I reckon my fren ani over the moon masa ani with the Sabotage. Hehe. We had to rush since the store was closing. As soon as he got there, he was surprised to see that the size wasn't the right one! It wasn't the one that he tried it on! It was half size smaller.. meaning: it was his size!!! The exact size! Miracle kah magic tu? Iatah behantu this particular dunk low! Good antu in a way ;)

Okay, now I'm gonna tell you a bit of the background of Sabotage. It is designed by a Singaporean, Mark, who is quite involved with all the designing kit eversince he was little. He designed all other Sabotage and he has his own logo on all Sabotage pairs. And I think this particular Sabotage I'm talking about is one of the finest looking SB range. It has a flap as well.. but in my vocab, I call them 'misai'. Hehe. Just like one of those golf shoes. So far I only seen the Nikes and the Pumas with misai. I haven't seen the Adidas ones yet.




Anyway, the Sabotage is kinda a 'cammo' since it has always been the theme for all of the range and with this particluar one it is more exposed to the Royalefam graphics. The logo I was talking about is an arabic initial. If we read it, it says 'Fonzie' or 'Fanzi'. But it actually reads SBTG in English. The 'ya' is 'S', the 'zot' will be 'B', the 'nun' (I suppose) is 'T' and 'fa' will be 'G'. Make sense kan? And that's what I like about this logo. Coolies like woolies ;)


Others SBTGs collection:


I really hope you enjoyed reading about this Nike SB 'SBTG' Dunk as much as I enjoyed knowing it ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home